spinach-carrot-berries jar smoothies


Serve 1


Tips:

  • I don't really measure how many fruits/ vegetable I used, but the baseline is each ingredient fill third of the mason jar (see picture).
  • I don't use the blender bowl, just the mason jar because I'm too lazy to do the dishes. Here is a video of the mason jar blender hack.
  • You can switch/ mixed the spinach with kale. I'm not a big fan of kale for smoothies because it makes my stomach bloated, but Priscila loves it!
  • I tend to stack the carrot on the top of the mason jar so it will be on the bottom when you blend it. I think it helps to avoid a big chunk left in the smoothies. 
  • My favourite milk to use in this recipe is Silk original almond coconut blend.
  • Strawberries could be switched with other kinds of berries!
  • A tiny bit of ginger is a good addition to get the nice smell of it.

Ingredients

Handful of spinach
4-6 strawberries
6-9 baby carrots (1-2 carrot)
Coconut/ Almond milk
1/2-1 tsp chia seeds (or as you wish!)

Optional: honey (1 tsp or as you wish!)


Direction

Cut strawberries and place it in the bottom of the jar, topped with shredded spinach, and carrots. Add almond milk until fill half of the jar. optional: add honey.

Blend them. Take it off of the blender. Add chia seeds.

If you want it to be more liquid, add more milk!

Comments

Popular Posts